I bloody LOVE a curry.
I’m lucky because my mum makes a pretty great one.
I say one, it’s always different and she never remembers what goes in it. She’s very much an eyeball cook. She throws in whatever she has and somehow it just always works.
This time however i have ingredients, and I’m really glad because this was delicious.
You can use any kind of meatballs for this, but we used lamb and it was on point. But you could just as easily chuck in chicken, tofu or veg.
A tin of tomatoes
1 tsp of minced garlic
1 tsp of minced ginger
1 tsp of turmeric powder
1 tsp of dried coriander
1 tsp of cumin powder
1 tsp of chili powder
1/2 tsp of garam masala
Oil for cooking
Salt to taste
1. Heat your oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and let fry until lightly browned.
2. Chop up your onion and add to the pan, fry for a minute and add your garlic and ginger.
3. Add all your spices and a pinch of salt, followed by your tin of tomatoes (save your tin) and let simmer for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
5. Fill your tomato tin with water and add, leave this to simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Add your meatballs and leave on a low heat for around 25 minutes, making sure to turn them a couple of times.
Your sauce should have thickened nicely, serve with rice and naan.